Monday, April 22, 2013

THANKFUL TO BE ALIVE #MAMAVATION

I first want to apologize to the Mamavation community, for my lack of support to them over the past couple of weeks.  I work on Monday's now, and by the time I get home from work, and get all the normal everyday household chores done I am too exhausted to even think about my blog.  So for that I apologize. 

This week's topic of conversation - Raising Kids with a good work ethic- is a great one, but I am going to go in another direction for the week. 

Today, I want to talk about God & second chances. The bible often talks about second chances.  I am not going to preach and act like I am an expert on the bible, in fact until recently, I never read it.  However in my search regarding second chances, I stumbled upon this line....
 1 Timothy 2:4 - Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 


The truth.  What is the the truth.  For each & everyone of us we hold our own meaning to that simple little word "Truth"  When I think about the above phrase, I imagine all those who want solid proof that God exist.  With so much evil in the World its no wonder that there are more & more non believers in the world around us.  As for myself, I always knew that there was a God, but I didn't know what my purpose was to him. I have a few people in my life however, who don't believe.  Who have tried to cast doubt into my belief.  I feel it is because of those people that I am still here, after the car accident I experienced last Thursday.  I don't mean I am hear to preach or read them the bible, but to show the photo I am about to share with you & say to them, "here is your proof that God exist" 
If your friends of mine on Facebook you already have seen the photo & know the story.  But for the rest of you here it is.  I was on my way to the Chiropractor (funny enough to deal with an injury from the accident at the beginning of the year) when someone ran a red light & only stopped because my van got in his way.  Take a closer look at that photo, The main impact was only inches from my head.  Praise the Lord that my kids were just dropped off at school, so they weren't in the van.
I can't explain, why or how I am still here let alone able to write this blog post, but I am. Why?  Because of the truth.  God.  God wants me here.  He wants me to raise my kids, & maybe even have more if I am so lucky.  God protected me from that accident. 
Some of you may be wondering what kind of injuries do you have?  Honestly, I was able to be released the same day from the hospital with only a few cuts, and lots of bruises as well as severe whiplash.  And yes, I am in pain.  Each waking minute of the day I have pain, but I try to tell myself that the pain is to remind me that I am alive.  I can live with that. 
I am so thankful to all the witnesses, firefighters, police officers, and EMTs who also helped to save my life that day.  I may never fully understand how they got me safely out of that van, but I am glad they did. 

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are ok! God is GREAT! Have an amazing week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are ok!!! Just so scary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are o.k. That is scary. There is a lot to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness-So glad you are ok and were able to walk away from this horrific accident. I am happy that you are able to have such faith

    ReplyDelete